You might think, from the dates of the articles or links provided, that I have been preparing these in advance. You would be correct as I’m currently in Paris.
- John Howard was not my favourite of Australian Prime Ministers (to put it mildly) but one of his legacies is the introduction of stricter gun controls and a buy back scheme in the wake of the Port Arthur Massacre. With the recent debates of gun legislation in the US, the Daily Show’s John Oliver interviewed the former PM as part of a broader story. Hilarious and informative. Whoopdy do.
- Sofia Coppola is back on my radar with her latest movie The Bling Ring. I find her to be hit (The Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation) and miss (Somewhere) but she does do spoilt youth well, so this could be interesting.
- Again with the movies – how great is this tumblr showing movie stills and their corresponding colour palettes? I’ve seen a few Wes Anderson colour palettes on Pinterest but this takes it to the next level. Fab.
- Another one of the blogs that makes my regular reading list is Selective Potential. I have a major hair crush on Tieka, it is so beautiful. The clothes are sometimes a bit young and girly for me but the photography is lovely. It’s a blog that gives peeks into the ‘real life’ of the blogger too, which sometimes makes you feel a bit intrusive. It’s digital Rear Window.
- These stop motion videos of Melbourne and Sydney by Nathan Kasso on Vimeo are enchanting. A must watch.